Concierge medicine in fort myers
Concierge medicine is a relatively new term that is used to describe a type of medical practice in which patients receive enhanced care. This type of care usually includes more personal attention and access to the doctor, as well as shorter wait times. If you are looking for an alternative to traditional healthcare, concierge medicine may be the right option for you! In this article, we will discuss the benefits of concierge medicine and provide some information on how to find a doctor who offers this type of care. So, if you’re interested in concierge medicine in Fort Myers, here’s everything you need to know.
What is a concierge doctor?
A concierge doctor is a physician who offers enhanced care to patients. This usually includes more personal attention and access to the doctor, as well as shorter wait times. Patients who choose this type of care typically have a higher income and are looking for an alternative to traditional healthcare. If you are interested in finding a concierge doctor.
Education and training of a concierge doctor
A concierge doctor is typically a licensed physician who has completed an accredited medical school and residency program. Some doctors may choose to specialize in a particular area of medicine, such as family care or oncology.
The typical education of a concierge doctor includes:
- A four-year college degree
- Four years of medical school
- Three to seven years of residency training
- Board certification in a specialty
What are the benefits of concierge medicine?
There are many benefits to choosing concierge medicine. Some of the most notable benefits include:
- Personalized care: Concierge doctors typically have fewer patients than traditional doctors, which means that they can provide each patient with personalized care. This includes more time for appointments and a focus on the individual needs of each patient.
- Shorter wait times: Patients who choose concierge medicine typically enjoy shorter wait times for appointments than those who see traditional doctors. This is because concierge doctors typically do not have a waiting list.
- Improved access to care: Concierge patients typically have 24/seven access to their doctor. This means that they can call or email their doctor at any time, day or night.
- Unlimited primary care services: Many concierge medicine plans offer unlimited primary care services. This means that patients can see their doctor as often as they need too, without having to worry about paying extra fees.
- Virtual communication: Concierge medicine allows you to speak directly with a doctor whenever you feel the need. That means you don’t have to worry about leaving a voicemail and getting an email for an appointment in 2 weeks when all you need is advice now. And in the age of COVID-19, being able to talk directly to a doctor means you’re also spared an unnecessary trip to the doctor’s office.
How does concierge medicine work?
Concierge medicine usually works on a subscription basis. Patients pay an annual fee in order to receive enhanced care from a concierge doctor. This annual fee can vary depending on the doctor, but it is typically less than the cost of traditional health insurance.
How much does concierge medicine cost?
The cost of concierge medicine varies depending on the doctor. However, it is typically less than the cost of traditional health insurance.
Is it covered by insurance?
Concierge medicine is not covered by traditional health insurance plans. However, many concierge doctors offer their own plan that patients can purchase.
How can I find a doctor who offers concierge medicine?
If you are interested in finding a doctor who offers concierge medicine, there are several ways to do so. You can search online for doctors in your area who offer this type of care or ask your friends and family for referrals. It is also important to make sure that the doctor you choose is licensed and insured.
Quality and trustworthiness are the most important factors and are just two of the reasons why Axel Health is so popular with our patients.
If you’re in the Fort Myers area and looking for concierge medicine “near me”, get in touch with us today.
Summary: What should I expect from my concierge medicine experience?
Each concierge medicine practice is different, so it is important to discuss the specifics of your care with your doctor. However, most patients can expect to receive personalized attention and enhanced services. In addition, you will usually have shorter wait times for appointments and access to the doctor 24/hours a day. So, if you’re in the Fort Myers area and want to experience a better quality of medical care, get in touch with Axel Health today!